Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Late, Late edition of Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals

Friday Five: Seasons change posted by Reverendmother

It's Labor Day weekend here in the United States, also known as Summer's Last Hurrah. So let's say goodbye to summer and hello to the autumn. (People in other climes, feel free to adapt as needed.)

1. Share a highlight from this summer. (If you please, don't just say "our vacation to the Canadian Rockies." Give us a little detail or image. Help us live vicariously through you!)
The Harry Potter party for the book release was terrific. The local coffee shop became the Leaky Cauldron. A former bank, now museum, became Gringotts. There were costume contests, trivia games, wands for sale, and butterbeer to drink. Too much fun!

2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?
There's a rhythm to the school year that I kinda like but this summer seemed to fly by. How did it become September and Labor Day already?

3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.
This fall my nephew will be born. He'll be the first boy since my step-dad on our side of the family. I handed down a bunch of girly stuff that was used for my niece. Now I get to buy for a boy!

4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach) Usually the transition is marked by: "Mom, where's my jacket?!?" "What do you mean you don't have any long sleeve shirts? I out grew them."

5. I'll know that fall is really here when _The Seattle Seahawks are playing real games ('cause the weather change happens much later).

No comments:

Site Meter