Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals

Friday Five: Meetings, Meetings

posted by Reverendmother

In honor of a couple of marathon meetings I attended this week:

1. What's your view of meetings? Choose one or more, or make up your own:
a) When they're good, they're good. I love the feeling of people working well together on a common goal.
b) I don't seek them out, but I recognize them as a necessary part of life.
c) The only good meeting is a canceled meeting.

The only part of a meeting I really like is the part where I get to talk to people I haven't seen in awhile or getting to know them better. The best meeting is the one that gets canceled after several people are already there and we go out for lunch instead.

2. Do you like some amount of community building or conversation, or are you all business?
Most of the time, I like the community building and/or conversation part. However, I don't want to be in a meeting that needs to accomplish something and nothing happens because there's too much visiting.

3. How do you feel about leading meetings? Share any particular strengths or weaknesses you have in this area. I would rather lead than attend a meeting. I'm pretty good with using an agenda to accomplish what needs to be done while having conversation along the way.

4. Have you ever participated in a virtual meeting? (conference call, IM, chat, etc.) What do you think of this format? I have participated in many virtual meetings. I am very comfortable with virtual meetings. Each medium for group communication has pluses and minuses. I especially like the part where I don't have to drive 2 hours for a 30 minute meeting.

5. Share a story of a memorable meeting you attended. I think I'll skip this one because other than this question my answers are so positive. Every meeting that comes readily to mind is ugly.

Bonus: Do you know what a camel is? A horse put together by committee

1 comment:

Sally said...

Love the camel!!! well played.

Site Meter