Tuesday, July 03, 2007

movies

I am on a movie binge. I have completed the work for the unofficial incomplete and I have no summer classes. I have finished the fiction book I received for Christmas. I'm halfway through another one. The girls are on summer visitation schedule and gone for days so, right now, I can watch whatever I want whenever I want. I've lost count of the number of movies I have watched in the last four days but it is well into double digits. Thank goodness I have a Blockbuster subscription 'cause there's nothing on tv.

Freedom Fighters and Pursuit of Happyness are on the "to purchase" list. Miss Potter is a well told story and may also be purchased. I liked Breach and DejaVu. I wanted Because I said so to be funnier. Loved the music and the acting in Dreamgirls. Elizabethtown and The Queen were okay. The Good Shepherd was better than okay but not as good as Breach. Aeon Flux has been on the "recommended" list for me for months so I finally checked it out, should have gone with my own instincts and left it. Someone said Scaramouche was terrific, not for me. I didn't get very far into it before the dvd open button was pressed. I also watched The Godfather and The Godfather II, now I know what everyone is talking about. King Arthur (2004) is an interesting take on the tale, certainly not a repeat of Sword in the Stone. Those are the ones I remember right now.

No comments:

Site Meter