Friday, February 16, 2007

passionately obsessed

That's what the SportsQueen says of my activities related to geocaching. She's right. She asked her science teacher (her favorite but she won't admit it) what was word meant more than obsessed. The science teacher said, "passionate." So the SportsQueen put them together but she's still searching for the "more than obsessed word."

Anyway, I have a rash from poison oak. I learned the hard way that cold does not make it dormant. And worse than that, I never even saw it. I may have got the oil on my coat or encountered it at a public event that had items that had previously been in the woods. I really don't know. It wouldn't go away with just the over the counter hydrocortisone cream so to the doctor's office I went. I was pretty sure it wasn't a rash from poison ivy, I'd never seen the rash from poison oak before. Now I have. And I have a big prescription for predinisone which is making a difference after only two doses taken. The Zyrtec is probably helping, too. But it still itches without the cream or with rubbing against the rash.

The part where the SportsQueen is right is: immediately (as in the Gospel of Mark "and immediately") on leaving the doctor's office with the prescription for predinisone and Zyrtec, I went to find a cache. Ironically, it was hidden in the parking lot of a nearby hospital on the side with the ER.

passionately. obsessed.

No comments:

Site Meter