Friday, September 01, 2006

Life in the fast lane RevGalBlogPals Friday Five



Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane,everything all the time

Friday Five: life in the fast lane



1. Driving: an enjoyable way to clear the mind? a means to an end? a chance to be quiet with one's thoughts? a necessary evil? the downfall of our planet and its fossil fuels? Discuss.

There have been times when driving was a way to clear the mind. However, since my last church out-on-the-edge-of-the-earth (the closest
hospital was an hour away), my driving desire has been more than satisfied. Thank you Siruis for providing music and NPR (and anything else I want on radio including NFL) without static or changing the channel -- worth every penny for me!

Now that the other parent lives about -- Will & Grace, Mad About You, SpongeBob Squarepants, Hannah Montana, and Numb3rs -- away, driving is a necessary evil every other week during school.

2. Do you drive the speed limit? A little faster? Slower? Have you ever gotten a ticket?

I drive the speed limit in neighborhoods and school zones.

Otherwise, I am a speed demon. I have so many tickets that I have stories about the best and worst versions of defesive driving.



3. Do you take public transportation? When? What's your opinion of the experience?

Although the Hogwarts Express has regular routes just past the parsonage, believe it or not, I live in the largest city in the U.S. that does not have public transportation. Rumor has it that originally those in charge opposed public transportation because then "the poor people" wouldn't want to live here. Sad but true. I'd ride if I could.




4. Complete this sentence: _____________ has the worst drivers I've ever experienced.


Los Angeles -- I think they lost their angels before they got their license to drive.

5. According to the Census Bureau, reverendmother's fair city has the 6th longest average commute in the United States at 29 minutes each way. How does your personal commute rate?

Currently, my commute is awesome -- like not even a full mile!

However, the commute to deliver children... that's a whole different story.



Bonus for the brutally honest: It has been said, and the MythBusters have confirmed, that cell phones can impede driving ability almost as much as drinking. Do you talk on a cell phone while driving?

I regularly talk on the phone as I drive down the Interstate through the sparsely populated area. I sometimes talk on the phone driving "in the neighborhood." When I'm fighting traffic, it's way too distracting especially if children are present.

Soft places to rest and good pain killing drugs for Will Smama may your pains disappear as fast as the gas in the tank of my car.

No comments:

Site Meter