Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals

The Friday Five: Homage to the Top Chef!

posted by Revhrod

This Fall my family has been energetically watching Top Chef on the Bravo channel. My teenage daughter watches with the dream of some day being a chef. My husband watches because he loves reality shows and I mean, really loves them. Plus the whole competition thing really works for him. Me, I love cooking and good food. Every so often I get an idea from this group of talented young chefs who are competing for big money and honors galore.

The winner for this season was Hung. Not the fan favorite, but he won fair and square. In his bio, he says if he were a food "I would be spicy chili - it takes a while to get used to, but once you eat it you always come back for more!" With that in mind, here is this week’s Friday Five.


  1. If you were a food, what would you be?

  2. Devil's food cake with chocolate icing.
    The SportsQueen said I'm a ribeye 'cause I'm tender.

  3. What is one of the most memorable meals you ever had? And where?

  4. I was weeks pregnant when we came down the switchbacks from Nazareth. We stopped at a roadside place for falafels with chick peas. Morning sickness met motion sickness. You can imagine the rest. The word falafel still makes me nauseated.

  5. What is your favorite comfort food from childhood?

  6. Beef stroganoff made with strips of beef and lots of sour cream over egg noodles.

  7. When going to a church potluck, what one recipe from your kitchen is sure to be a hit?

  8. A potato casserole made with cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream that is cooked in the crock pot. The only way anything makes it to a church potluck from this single preacher mom.

  9. What’s the strangest thing you ever willingly ate?
Some Greek food in Athens that I still don't know what it was.

Bonus question: What’s your favorite drink to order when looking forward to a great meal?
That is completely context dependent but most of the time it is diet coke or tea. Mountain Dew used to be my drink of choice but now I'm in the diet drink crowd. Methotrexate means no alcohol for me but I used to like MangoPeach Margaritas.

2 comments:

RevHRod said...

Your comfort food sounds really good right now and it's breakfast time! Thanks for playing and I don't think I'd be looking for a falafel any time soon either. ;-)

Unknown said...

After a similar experience, there was a restaurant to which we could never return. But, oh, to have just the word make you feel ill, bleh!

Site Meter