Thursday, August 05, 2010

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five on Thursday

Friday Five: Love the One You're With


This Friday Five will post while I'm at the beach which for me is more than a vacation destination, it is a trip home. I have found it quite easy to wax nostalgic about the places I used to live (well, except for one) and have begun to wonder what it is I like about the place I'm living now? For instance I sure do love the beach, but this picture was taken about 30 minutes away from my house - not too shabby!
And so I ask you to please name five things you like about where you are living now... and as your bonus - 1 thing you don't like.


You may have noticed I'm late playing. When I saw this come up, I thought "oh I'll play that in a little bit." Yeah, well, I guess it's now been a "little bit."

But I also am playing because I want someone to come visit my site. When I changed the template, I forgot to add the sitemeter. ::sigh:: I don't look at those stats often but I do look at them. I particularly liked being able to see from where and to where folks came and went. I'm not sure if the code is working and the only way I can check that is with visits. I have found the easiest way to increase visits is to actually post something.

I have to say that I have now lived here longer than I have lived any where since graduating from high school. Good thing I love it here!

1. In the middle of the city where almost anything is available. Having lived in towns with only a glorified convenience store or only one grocery store, I deeply appreciate having multiple options.

2. Food diversity! While I don't always take advantage of the varieties of cuisine available, I appreciate the fact that I can.

3. When something needs to be repaired, either by church folks or professionals, the response time is fairly quick. In other parsonages, in other locations, not so much.

4. Appreciation for fine arts in our schools. We are in a district that has a fabulous reputation for fine arts and both of my kids have benefited from the depth and richness of it.

5. This is the largest house in which I have ever lived. It has its quirks but it has a great "feel."

One thing I don't like: it is really hard to see the stars.

No comments:

Site Meter