Sunday, March 16, 2008

spoons

We have a running joke at our house that someone can make the Sportsqueen laugh just by saying the word "spoon." In general, in the right circumstances, it works on almost any jr high girl and some boys. With that history, my curiosity was naturally piqued when I stumbled across a website about chronic illnesses that had a link to "the spoon theory."

The website is butyoudontlooksick.com and the spoon theory can be found here or, of course, click the sidebar link from the main page.

While my curiosity was piqued by our humorous home life, I think the spoon theory is a great analogy for what it means to live with a chronic illness.

Spoons now have another layer of meaning for me.

I may have to visit their store for a "got spoons?" mug.

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

I subscribe to the spoon theory, too. Everyone only has so many spoons everyday -- but some of us are just more aware of it.

Site Meter