as posted by SingingOwl
I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but it does seem a good time for some reflection and planning. For the last few days I keep thinking of Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. Among other things, that seems to say that reflection is in order if we want to learn and grow.
For some of us, this has been an incredibly difficult year; for others it has been a year of many joys. For all of us, there have been challenges and questions and there have been blessings and--maybe even an answer or two! As we say our goodbyes to 2010 and look towards 2011, share with us five blessings from 2010 along with five hopes or dreams for 2011.
5 Blessings (not in rank order) of 2010
1. Another year in the same church!
2. My kids. They're both teenagers so we have some "moments" but far and away most of the time I am proud of them.
3. Insurance to pay for this chronic disease that makes my RA dr use her training and stay on top of the current information to keep my body moving on most days.
4. Friends who more than once were gifts from God if not God incarnate
5. More confidence in cooking. I'll never compete on Top Chef but there are more options on our menu.
Hopes for 2011
1. a finished dissertation??? Please dear God help me!
2. a child with a driver's license. I need her to drive to help calm the chaos.
3. more events/ministries that help the church connect to those around us, people excited about doing those things, and hopefully, growing more and more into the church God is calling us to be.
4. a successful transition for the kid who will start high school in the fall
5. calm, uneventful health